Closing date: 31/03/2017
Orange Bus is looking for talented DevOps Engineers who are excited to be part of a highly motivated, growing team to work on a range of digital projects for national and international clients such as Philips, Aston Martin Racing and Barbour.
As a DevOps Engineer at Orange Bus you will be a key member of the mixed-discipline technical teams delivering high profile web & mobile applications on both Public and Private cloud platforms. We are looking for a dynamic individual with proven experience in a DevOps environment. You will need to be a key contributor to the team to help drive innovation and best practises to ensure the success of your projects and support our clients in their hosted solution.
A bit about you:
- Professional experience delivering web applications using either the Microsoft ASP.NET or Java and open source stack with examples of completed work/projects for a senior role.
- Knowledge of database versioning and migrations.
- Experience delivering solutions to, and managing, public cloud environments such as AWS and/or Azure.
- Knowledge of source code management with Git, including GitFlow Workflow.
- Experience working in collaborative, mixed-discipline Agile teams utilising Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience securing customer + sensitive commercial data in their environments and adhering to standards such as ISO27001, etc.
- Experience with configuration management and automation of configuration & deployment in Windows/Linux/public cloud environments.
- Experience with Continuous Integration + Continuous Delivery practices.
Proven experience with the following technologies:
- Public cloud IaaS services
- Networking and network security
- Architecture, implementation, operation of large scale, public web sites.
- SQL Server and MySql
- IIS and ASP.NET
- Tomcat and Java
- PowerShell and Linux command shell
- Configuration Management, i.e. Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Message Queueing technologies
Experience with the following technologies would be advantageous:
- WSO2 ESB, Shibboleth, Xen, Liferay, Jira/Confluence, Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Sonarcube, Firewalls (Barracuda, Cisco), Ubuntu
A bit about us:
- 10 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer 23 days holiday to staff, competitive salaries and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together, and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our Newcastle HQ hosts production teams; workspaces include the Games Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.