Closing date: 31/03/2017
Orange Bus is looking for talented Quality Assurance Engineers who are excited to be part of a highly motivated, growing team to work on a range of digital projects for national and international clients such as Philips, Aston Martin Racing and Barbour.
The QA Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, testing and deployment of test solutions. You will apply appropriate automation technologies to meet the short and long term goals of the organisation. These duties include the development and execution of automated test suites using various tools and test automation frameworks.
Orange Bus is a friendly, progressive and enjoyable place to work. As a self-motivated, driven team we do work hard - but we don’t need much encouragement to play hard either, in fact, it’s actively encouraged with our dedicated games room!
The diversity of the portfolio provides exciting development opportunities in a range of technologies, from new system launches to development on existing platforms. You’ll need to be passionate about web technologies and the creation of high quality, well-tested applications and digital services.
You will master these challenges:
- Plan and automate tests of new feature developments in an agile environment
- Script and automate QA per iteration, with constant updates of existing scripts
- Designing, developing and executing test plans
- Reporting and tracking issues found, working with developers in problem isolation, and helping to drive resolution
- Collaborate with Product, and Development teams to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule
Skills & requirements:
- Experience in a QA role
- Skilled in the writing, managing and preparation of test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Experience of industry-standard automation platforms and libraries like Selenium
- Hands-on software quality assurance experience, testing web-based, mobile web applications
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to organise and capture functional complexity in a comprehensive test plan with excellent documentation skills
- Evaluating and recommending new technologies, processes and tools
- Defect Management
- Test management experience across all stages of the delivery lifecycle
A bit about us:
- 10 years strong with a force of 120, and counting.
- Innovation is our product, we dedicate 10% of revenue to advancing in this area.
- We offer 23 days holiday to staff, competitive salaries and the opportunity to shape our business.
- Casual, friendly office culture. Staff work hard together, and enjoy Friday afternoon Beers with Ideas, social events and hackdays.
- Our Newcastle HQ hosts production teams; workspaces include the Games Room and areas dedicated to agile project delivery.